Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACP-600 Certification: Best timeline with the prep course (only 24 hours available)

Simon Sahli June 1, 2020

Hi Community,

I registred for the "ACP-600 / Project Administrator in Jira Server" certification and I want to do the exam at the end of June.

I want to start a discussion to get input of people that have already done the ACP-600 certification regarding the timeline from the time of the registration until the time to take the exam.

The prep course (On Demand) is available for only 24 hours , so of course this 24 hours I need to reserve enough time for this course (no problem due to Corona). But I'm not sure which timeline is best to pass within a month.

So when should do the prep course with the lab demos (right now or better closer before the exam date)?
Should I prepare myself before taking the prep course (with other courses etc.)?

So far I have already completed the "Jira Essentials with Agile" course.

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Simon

3 comments

Comment

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

Hi @Simon Sahli , this course is available for 60 days after purchase.  It's just the lab environment that is restricted to 24 hours.  

Simon Sahli June 1, 2020

Hello @Julia, thanks for the answer. So should I launch the course with the lab environment right away (if I have enough time during the 24 hours)?

I mean when I can access the course for entire time then I do not really need to wait...

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

Hi @Simon Sahli , your 24 hours starts as soon as you launch the lab environment.  So yes, if you wanted to, you could do the course and the labs in 24 hours right away, then continue to revisit the course during your 60 day window to prepare for the exam.  Or you could delay starting the lab. 

Like # people like this
Simon Sahli June 1, 2020

@JuliaOK, thank you. I'll do it as soon as I can.

Marynel Soto June 1, 2020

Hi Simon, at the end of each section of the training there are some guided demos that you can watch. They look a lot like the lab exercises. I would recommend completing the training material and then, at your own pace, launch the labs. It took me 4h to complete the 7 exercises included in the lab.

Regards

Like # people like this
Simon Sahli June 3, 2020

Hi @Marynel Soto , you're right. I've just begun to start a video under the "additional courseware" section and it didn't start the clock for the 24 hours, even though I still needed to click on "launch" button to start the video.

So yeah, my plan is now, as you have mentioned, to watch all the videos available and then begin the lab exercises within the 24 hours afterwards.

Simon Sahli June 10, 2020

I did the 24 hours of worklab and the On Demand course. It took me for both around 9 hours including watching all the videos and the lab  work. It's true that the lab work itself took only around 4 hours. I don't know if I could have started the On Demand course without starting the lab at the same time. I started both on the same time. I had enough time to finish all 9 lessions (no other work that day), but it was limit with the time.

Even if you cannot finish all the lab excercises you can still do them later with the free access to a Jira cloud (with different data set).

I'd definitly suggest to study JQL before you start the On Demand course and the lab.

Now I will go deeper into the details of the course and JQL.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events