Welcome to Jira Work Management!

Viewing page 3 of 3

70 comments

Comment

Floris van Himbergen December 9, 2022

Hello everyone!

I graduated my masters in Human-Technology Interaction earlier this year. Three months ago, I started working as a Product Owner for a small IT-team in the field of education. I first started using Jira en Confluence here.

We do not use Jira Work Management at the moment but I am curious to learn what it could bring!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Welcome, Floris! Let us know if you have questions or need help. The best thing is just to jump in and try - it for personal things. 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @John Funk ,

As I'm starting to explore all the new features of JWM, it's about time I introduce myself to the group:

• How long have you been using Jira products?
    • For about 4 years new, with an initial focus on Jira Service Management, Jira Software and Confluence
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management?
    • The fact that there is so much added features compared to Jira Core and that we encourage our clients to extend ITSM to ESM
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM?
    • All the available templates
    • The different views, now available in horizontal navigation
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization?
    • Internally, we're not using it yet as we're still on DC
    • I play around with it on my own Cloud site

I'm closely following the Atlassian Cloud Documentation blog posts for updates and recently rolled out changes.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2022

Hey @Dave Mathijs  Glad you made it here! Disappointed it wasn't my book that influenced you to come. HAHA. And great idea to spin up your own instance to try it out. I suggest you use it for some projects around the house or for a hobby to get a good feel for it. 

Like # people like this
Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2023

hello all , i have recently jined the group, iam here :D

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2023

Hello Omar! Thanks for joining us here!

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2023

Hi everyone@John Funk

I have been working with Jira for almost 4 years. I came from a Software Development background and moved to support. 

We haven't started using Jira Work Management, I have used something very similar, i.e. Advanced Roadmaps. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2023

Welcome Ram! Create a test JWM project and check it out!

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

Hello all,

Just to answer @John Funk 's questions:

• How long have you been using Jira products?
    Still on my first year.

• What influenced you to try Jira Work Management?
    Always interested in finding other Atlassian products and how they might benefit me.
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM?
    To be honest, I am having a hard time understanding how it compares to Trello or just Software. But I guess that is what I need to find out.
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization?
    I am the sole Atlassian administrator at my company and we use Software to track our sprints, JSM for our customer support, Confluence for our external knowledge base. I would love to expand the suite, but there are other issues at stake so it will require baby steps to get there.
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us?
    Not really funny but I like how intuitive the software is. It allowed me to know nothing about Jira in june 2022, to being quite proficient by the end of 2022. So proficient in fact that we didn't use up our time contract with our implementation partner because I could handle all the requirements myself. 
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

Welcome @Paul Wiggers  - Glad you found your way over here! I think you will find the simple Forms, built-in Calendar, and the inline editing of columns in the List view to be wonderful features!

George Pomar May 5, 2023

Hi All!

• How long have you been using Jira products? 10 years
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? It's the enterprise solution
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? Very powerful, plenty of features to roll out
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? daily
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us? We left Jira for Pivotal, then smartened up! :)
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2023

Hey George - Welcome! I am confident you will find some really good use cases for JWM in your organization - and even personal life! And glad you found your way back from Pivotal.  :-)

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

New to JWM here.  Long term project to figure out how to use and implement.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2023

Hello and Welcome, Dan! I would even suggest spinning up a free instance of Jira and use it for some personal things around the house - planning trips, events, etc. or handling hobbies like woodworking, gardening, etc. 

Rakesh Kambattula May 25, 2023

Hello,
I've been using the Jira products since last 7 years. Though I have not started using JWM. Looking forward to learn something from the community.

Like # people like this
Graham Twine
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2023

Hello everyone, I am new to the group :)

transparent-robot-cog.png

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

Welcome, Graham! Always good to see Rising Stars in the group.  ;-)

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

Hello Everyone,

I've recently started using Jira work management as an administrator and am excited to learn more about it.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

Hi and Welcome, Sanjog! I would be interested to know how you get along with it. 

Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2023

I'm new to this group also new for JWM

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2023

Welcome Manoj! Love seeing Rising Stars show up here.   :-)

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2023

Hello!  I've worked with Jira Software and Confluence for 7+ years and looking to advance my knowledge of the Atlassian tool stack.  So far, I like what I see in JWM - looking forward to learning from this group.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2023

Welcome Laurie! Let us know what you like and don't like about what you see. 

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2023

Welcome, @Laurie Sciutti. I had (am having) a similar journey.  

Like # people like this
Prabhu Palanisamy _Onward_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2023

HI I'm part of Onward. We are a new Atlassian Marketplace partner focused on building 

worker engagement apps. Our first app, OnRewards is a peer recognition and rewards management application tailored for service delivery teams.

Our upcoming app OnRamp simplifies employee onboarding and offboarding with native integrations to BambooHR and Workday. 

I look forward to learning JWM usecases related to HR from this group.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2023

Welcome Pradhu! Good luck with the new adventure!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2023

Hi everyone,

I just found out I forgot to introduce myself here. 

I've been using Atlassian products since 2014, I worked as a PHP developer back then. For the last 5 years I work as an Atlassian consultant. now I mostly cooperate with a small solution partner located in the Czech Republic.

I'm interested in everything new in the Atlassian world :-).

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2023

Hana! Thanks for introducing yourself!!

Like # people like this
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

Hi everyone, this is Sayed from ServiceRocket.

I have been using Jira products since 2017 just when I graduated from University and started my first professional job at ServiceRocket. Back then it used to be Jira Core. I love its simplicity specially for non tech-savvy users. For personal use and task tracking I usually prefer Trello. However, when tracking tasks for the whole team I would go with JWM. Most of my complex troubleshooting experience was always funny. It was all my duh moments!!!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

Welcome Sayed!! Always good to see folks here who have used Jira Core in the past. 

Like # people like this
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2023

Hi there,

I've been using Atlassian tools for over a decade now and have been doing Jira consulting for about 7 years.
I really love the new JWM experience as it is the perfect gap for customers that want to use boards but do not need the development related parts.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

Welcome Kai! Glad you find the JWM projects to be a good fit for customers. Would love to hear some of your use cases. 

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2023

Hello all! Excited to join this group. I've been using Jira Software for a few years now, but recently started using JWM with two teams I work with. It's been very helpful for streamlining communications around tasks and who is doing what.

I've been using Jira products for about 3 years now. I wanted to try JWM after seeing posts in Community and working through Atlassian University courses. I also recently started working more closely with a different team that I thought could benefit. JWM seems to combine what I was doing for myself in Trello with all the power of Jira - win-win!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2023

Amanda! Awesome how you are putting JWM projects to such good use. Win-win is always a wonderful thing!!

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2023

To be honest, I'm no longer new to Jira Service Management, I'm just trying to figure out whether I'm supposed to write an article or start a discussion because for some odd reason I still don't seem to get the 'At Your Service' kudos badge. And now it seems I have to reply to this thread. 😁

No seriously, I've been using JSM for about 4,5 years now. First, mainly on Server/Data Center and for the last 2 years also on Cloud.

It's fascinating to see how Atlassian created a separate product on the Jira Platform and gradually added features and functionalities, now integrating lots of ITIL Service Management practices into a product with several integrations.

I have more than 20 years of experience in ITSM (with my previous employer) and it is the main reason I became an Atlassian Consultant.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2023

About time you showed up here @Dave Mathijs !!  Happy to see you here and looking forward to your thoughts on Jira Work Management.  :-)

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2023

@Dave Mathijs How did this JSM intro end up in JWM group? 😄

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2023

Hi everyone,

How long have you been using Jira products?

I would say around 4 years now. I'll admit that before 2019 I didn't even hear about Jira or Atlassian in general but once I/we started using it for our work management, I 'fell in love' with Atlassian products - especially JSW and Confluence.

What influenced you to try Jira Work Management?

To try it... probably Atlassian announcement of transforming Jira Core to JWM. I mostly wanted to check the functionalities this new product offers. Also, we were researching how non-dev teams could also use Jira as terms like scrum/Epic, etc. were not something those teams would use at all.

What do you find most intriguing about JWM?

I'm not a 'heavy user' of JWM, but from what I've seen and heard from our colleagues/clients, they mostly like different views within the project, especially the List view.

How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization?

Depends from case to case - we use Jira for tracking/monitoring implementation projects but also for supporting our clients. I personally, also use Jira to track my private activities and it proved to be really great platform for personal use as well.

We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us?

Would probably leave this for another time, but I can just say that when I first started using Jira, I didn't really like it. There were too many options and unknown features and I was just overflown with information in general. 4 years later I would say I spend like 8-10 hours each day using Atlassian tools 😅

Like John Funk likes this
Vronik March 18, 2024

I am new but determined to try, experiment and share

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2024

Awesome! Let us know how it goes. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events