Welcome to Jira Work Management!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Hello and Welcome to the New to Jira Work Management group!

Please make yourself at home and tell us a little about yourself.

• How long have you been using Jira products?
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management?
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM?
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization?
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us?

Feel free to answer any or all! And anything else you would like to share.  :-)

Thanks in advance, and we are glad you are here!

70 comments

Comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Thanks for doing this, @John Funk!

I am very new to JWM. We will be using it to support the Agile Marketing efforts at ALM Works (an Atlassian Marketplace partner).  

Today, we use Jira Software + Confluence + our own products, mainly Structure, on the Atlassian server stack for this. Now, we want to move to the more modern, cloud version of those products but use JWM vs. Jira Software.

There's nothing "wrong" with the current solution... We just want to become more fluent with Atlassian's, and our own, cloud products to develop more/better empathy with our cloud customers.

I look forward to digesting and sharing JWM tips and tricks with others.

-dave 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

@Dave Rosenlund  - Thanks for joining the group! I would encourage you to experiment with JWM, especially the List, Calendar, and Form features.  :-)

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

I had the opportunity to talk to the JWM team before it was called JWM, and was part of the EAP of JWM. We currently have a handful of teams that are using it instead of Trello, mainly because of the possibility of be able to create a form.

Other then JWM we are using Jira Software, JSM (which we migrated to about a year ago), Confluence, Statuspage and Trello. 

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

First of all let me tell you that the link from the challenges menu (about the JWM journey), takes me to "New to Jira" instead of taking me here. I had to manually search for this group.

I've been working with Jira products for a bit more than 3 years now and my first love will always be Jira software. I started using Jira because at that time, our developers were keeping their todos in post-it notes, and noone really knew what else needed to be done for projects. So I took the initiative of creating a project for all development projects, and tries quite hard to positive influence our developers into the Jira mentality. Of course their biggest fear was time tracking and the fact that someone could monitor if they were working or not. :) 

Having said that I have use a little bit JWM, due to the fact that I preferred working with Jira Software :). Back in my old job though we were using it to track financial and business offers, with a simple workflow of todo, in progress done. Of course, nowadays JWM comes with a lot of goodies and doing the work so much easier!

Since I'm working at an Atlassian solution partner we have every product on premise. Of course, other than that I'm keeping my own cloud instance for demo/dev purposes and to try new things.

Like # people like this
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

thank you very much, @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , and welcome to the Community

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

I have not tried it completely yet, lack of time, I am working on it, I promise to give you my feedback, but I sure like it

Cheers

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg  - Thanks for being a part of the EAP team - I know you were a huge help!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ - Thanks for letting me know - I will have @Monique vdB take a look. Hoping you will get some more opportunities with JWM!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

@Vero Rivas  - Thanks for being willing to take a look and try it out. I look forward to the feedback!

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

I'm here to learn more about jira work management as this is a new offering.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Welcome @Fabian Lim  - I hope you enjoy trying it out!

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021
  • How long have you been using Jira products? A very long time.
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? I like looking into new products and seeing how they can support my teams.
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? A more simplified tool for business users.
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? We use it for support, projects and daily work.
Like # people like this
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

thanks, @Brant Schroeder , and welcome to the group :)

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

Hello @John Funk  and other members,

First of all,  Glad to be part of this group. 

• How long have you been using Jira products? It's been a long time and I guess Jira would be the first Atlassian Product I started with so I have some special emotions attached with Jira.
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? I Think my inquisitive mind.
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? Customization. I think that's word explains the most of it. You need something, JWM have customised for you.
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? From BAU to Projects.
Like # people like this
Vronik October 6, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

I have yet to try it, but I have read and they have commented that it is fantastic

Regards

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hello to one and all 👋

I'm very new to Jira Work Management so I'm here to learn anything and everything about JWM, bring it on 😄

All the best,

Laura

Like # people like this
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

Hello All …!

I'm using Atlassian jira from the past 3+ years.

We mainly used jira for "Software" type projects. we didn't tried Jira Business Projects. Jira core is renamed as Jira Work Management. I'm looking forward to learn how JWM can be used for different operations.

All the Best .

- Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

@Brant Schroeder  - Thanks for the insights and welcome!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Thanks for popping in and sharing @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ @Vronik @Suvradip Paul !!!

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Thanks @John Funk, glad to be here 😄

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

Hi @John Funk and hi all!!

I have been using atlassian products for about 4 years (although I have worked with very old versions of jira in some projects before).

What has led me to try Jira Work Management in addition to my work is the amount of templates available that facilitate the creation of projects based on the team that will use them, this seems to me really good.

What intrigues me most about JWM are the new features. The introduction of the calendar view for example seems to me simply great, as it is something that many customers demand and now have included in their product.

In my work we use jira to manage tasks, allocations, tracking...but besides using it internally, we implement it in different customers according to the requirements they provide us, we always try to adapt their needs to atlassian products in the best possible way so that they are satisfied and like the tool as much as we do!

Greetings!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Agreed - having the templates get you off to a quick start is great! I would be interested in which features your customers like the best and the ones they use the most.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Hi @John Funk happy to join this group.

I have attended the JWM initial walkthrough by Atlassian team and I'm instantly connected to it's simplicity. I haven't explored this tool as well my projects. So, I will be reading the posts from this thread to get the real time use cases.

@Monique vdB FYI, about this post which isn't reflecting in my kudos profile and JWM badge.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Hey @G subramanyam  - I certainly encourage you to try it out, even with just a test project. Or maybe something personal that it might help you with. 

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Thank you @John Funk .

Would you please share few JWM links (university links, blog posts etc) that will be quite handy.

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2023

Whilst a very old request, I can imagine it's still very useful. A couple of links I find very useful to get started are thes, @G subramanyam:

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

Thank you for the welcome and glad to be part of this group. 

I have been using Jira/Confluence since last 5 years. I heard about JWM recently and its usefulness to non-technical teams, so thought to explore it how it can help business teams, which influenced me to try it. Simplicity and ease of use fascinates me about JWM. We use Jira for Project and Issue Management.

Hoping to learn more about this tool from this group.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

Welcome Kishan! Thanks for coming in.  :-)

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for such a warm welcome, great to be a part of the group.

I think JSM is an area of Jira that I don't know as well, so I'm really interested to see all the different uses and tips

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

Thanks, Liam! I look forward to sharing what I know.   :-)

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2021

@John Funk - I've been using Atlassian products longer than I care to admit (at least online) 🙂

My interest in JWM was sparked because JWM is a coordinated release of related features under a cohesive banner. 🙏 I appreciate that JWM's features are focused on improving workflow - how we can easily view and process work items to help the tribe.

Daily, I help teams use tools like Jira to do exactly what JWM is intended to do - to easily surface and process work. Glad JWM is a thing, and glad that this group is, too!

p.s. Wish I had a funny Jira story, but they're mostly embarrassing - maybe I'll bring them up at a future ACE! 😜

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2021

Thanks, Dave!  Your funny stories sound like mine - more embarrassing for me, more funny for others.  :-)

Thanks for coming to visit here!

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 12, 2021

Just starting using JWM in earnest.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Welcome, welcome, Linda! Thanks for putting in a good word for us in New to JSM. :-)

Also, let us know how it goes for you as you begin using JWM. 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021
  • How long have you been using Jira products? 4 years
  • What influenced you to try Jira Work Management? Not started yet
  • What do you find most intriguing about JWM? Not sure
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization? Work
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us? I got nothing yet...
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Welcome, Marjorie!! Thanks for sharing the info and I hope you get started with it soon. Be sure to join the group also, I am sure it will be a life changer  :-)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events