Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we define multiple workflows for same issueType?

jAwAd April 10, 2023

Can we set up multiple workflows for the same issueType? 

and choose different workflows for the same item in one project?

like some stories required quick fixes and some needs proper workflow completion. so we can define and select different workflows for different stories.

5 comments

Comment

JR Rashid April 10, 2023

You can use different Issue Types with different Workflows like Story_Small with a small workflow for quick fixes AND use Story_Big with a bigger workflow and use accordingly.

Like # people like this
jAwAd April 10, 2023

Nice idea, let me try the way you mentioned.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hi Jawad,

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? 

jAwAd April 10, 2023

Try to handle the support tickets with in normal scrum cycle/sprint. Handle hotfixes and response the market sooner then the sprint end.

Like JR Rashid likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Yep, those would be different issue types then. 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

No, you can not use different workflows for the same issue type.

The whole point of the issue type is that issues of the same type work the same way as each other.  Workflow is part of that, so you can only have one workflow for an issue type.

jAwAd April 11, 2023

Yes right. For Example: can I define Story_Sprint and Story_Support, 2 different issue types so can define 2 different workflows for them.

OR last night i thought, why not set a process that Stories are for sprints and Tasks are for Support so we can easily handle both in same sprint timeline with different workflows etc

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

Yep, you've got complete freedom to create as many different issue types and workflows as you need, it's just that you can not use more than one workflow for any issue type (in the project - you can do "Project 1: Bug : workflow A", "Project 2: Bug : workflow B")

jAwAd April 11, 2023

Right, my example was for same Project.

jAwAd April 11, 2023

Thanks John, Nic and JR for your input  :)

Like # people like this
JR Rashid April 11, 2023

no worries, you can close this thread, in case you are satisfied with the solution(s).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events