Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I GROUP BY Custom Fields that I created?

Alain Iskandar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2022

Hi everyone, I am new to JWM, is there a way to add more options to the GROUP By functionality? I need to be able to Group by specific Custom Fields (DropDowns) that I created

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2022

Hi Alain - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You are not able to add more fields to the Group By function at this time with JWM. This might be functionality that is eventually added, but you should click on the Give Feedback link on the left side and let them know the functionality you desire. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Where?

Grouping is something you do in the display layer (not search), and there are a lot of different ways to look at Jira issues.  In many of them, grouping is not useful, or even relevant to what they're trying to do.  Others do it automatically - the pie chart is a grouped display.

So, it depends on where.  The most obvious one that does it is the "filter statistics" gadget - it asks you for a filter to work with (your list of issues it is going to display) and a field to work with.  Then it gives you a count of the number of issues which have each value in the select-list.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events