Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A simple question for experts - How to resolve an issue in JWM?

Adriana Almeida da Cruz April 14, 2023

The group is a great iniciative!! :)

Even if all the subtasks are completed and the parent item is also completed, the issues do not show up as resolved in the reports.
When the workflow completes, doesn't it automatically become resolved? Are there any configurations to be done in JIRA Work Management?
Would anyone know the answer?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Hi @Adriana Almeida da Cruz , if you are using a company manage project, which will show in the bottom, left-hand corner, then you need to ensure that the resolution field is set whenever you are resolving an issue. Is this possibly the cause? If so read on...

There are two ways of accomplishing this. First, in the workflow you can add a post function to any transition to a "done" status to set the resolution to done. The second way is to add a resolution screen that presents to the user the opportunity to select the resolution value when moving an issue to a done status. Now you need to also consider clearing that field anytime you transition an issue out of done status, such as when reopening. Finally, for any issues that have already been resolved, the above two methods will not fix the situation. For this, you can either reopen the issues after you've made the above accommodations and then re-close them or you can create a temporary reentrant or loop transition within the done status and use a post function on that transition to mark the resolution field as done. There are a lot of posts in the community that detail the steps.

Adriana Almeida da Cruz April 20, 2023

Hi Jack!

I discovered this issue is in the Atlassian's support roadmap: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-180 

For now, I'll try applying the rule to manage my work deliveries and I'll verify the reports that really is usefull to report the completed work.

Thank you very much!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events