Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using Jira Service Desk for non-sw service request

M C April 13, 2020

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is using Jira SD for non-software/non-development service request tracking that are location-based.

My use cases are as followings:

• someone called in and reporting a problem at a location (eg. a park or a business in a city)
  • we would put in the service request with the location and description of the issue
  • we can then dispatch officers to the locations of their assigned areas (all addresses are mapped to "zones" in our backend GIS database, so we can assign officers to certain zones)
  • the officers would record their findings,/notes, action taken, etc. against the service request; they can close the call if they don't see any follow up requires, or if follow-up visits require, they can enter schedule this follow up on the spot with their phones/tablets.
  • at the end of the day we would like to get stats for upper management:  for example:  how many calls (service requests), how many SRs need follow-up visits,  how many follow-ups, etc. 

Has anyone use Jira the way I've described above?      

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

Hi @M C  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I use JSD with several non-software requests - although not like yours which is pretty unique.  :-)

But I think it will work. The problem is that for the officers to do anything more than add comments to the request, they will have to be Service Desk Agents and have a license as such. Meaning they have to be agents to be able to update and fields. 

Outside of that, it certainly should work. I would be happy to help you along the way. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events