Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grant permission of particular issue to user without administrative rights

Michael Ilewicz March 26, 2021

Hi community, I hope I could get some help from you. I want to do the following:

• A Service Desk worker needs an opinion on a particular issue and want's to get another Jira user involved, the user should be able to at least view and add comments internally but may also edit the issue and share comments with the customer.
  • However, the issues in the rest of the service desk are confidential and should not be shared.
  • the service desk user does not have permission to assign the user to a particular group. It should be as simple as assigning them or requesting them as a participant.

Is this possible? I could not find a way online and I am getting confused as to how people use Service Desks without this feature being clearly documented...

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2021

Hi Michael,

In order to update a service desk ticket the user must be a Service Desk Agent. 

You might can try to hide fields with the add-on ScriptRunner Behaviours - but that would be the only way. 

Michael Ilewicz March 29, 2021

Hi John,

I don't want to hide fields, I want to hide whole issues. I am sorry if this was not clear

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Yes, you can accomplish that by using Issue Level Security. You can learn more about that here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events