Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

embedding issue collection code in JSM Cloud

Susan Waldrip March 20, 2024

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help with understanding where to embed the HTML or JavaScript code for an issue collector in JSM Cloud? The website seems to be hosted by Atlassian (atlassian.net) and I haven't been able to find instructions to access that. I am a site, org, Jira, and project Admin so access isn't the problem, just ignorance. :-)  

Susan

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hi Susan,

The issue collector is for embedding the code into another web-site, not your atlassian site. 

For example, if you are a company that has external customers and you would like them to enter infromation into a few fields, that would then be sent to your project.

Even for internal, if you have a company intranet, you could put the issue collector inside that site.

Regards

Mark

Susan Waldrip March 21, 2024

Thank you Mark, that's what I needed to know. I appreciate the info!

Susan

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael DiRenzo March 21, 2024

Susan:

I am going to up-vote Mark's response as it is spot-on.

The Issue Collector (IC) is fully javascript based and can be integrated into any web application under certain conditions:

• Network/Firewall/Web app firewall (WAF) configurations 
  • content security provider configurations
  • other

Most uses-cases have folks with a JIRA and Confluence.  Confluence has a HTML plugin hence supports javascript -> which can be used to support the IC.  In its simplest form, from within your Jira project settings that has the IC configuration screen available to you, you can copy the generated javascript code and paste it into a Confluence or HTML page of your choice and you are up and running!

I will caveat that using advanced approaches to IC usage would require advanced coding skills.  

Susan Waldrip March 21, 2024

Thanks Michael, I'll look into this.

Susan

Like Michael DiRenzo likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events