Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with hours package

Eloy Roa December 19, 2019

Hello, 

I am new in jira and Not sure if this is the apropiate forum but I would like to rise this question. 

We work with customer maintenance projects with hourly packages. This way a customer has contracted a package of 20 hours of maintenance in a specific project. Every incidence reported is consuming hours from this package. And arriving to a certain point (let's say 5 hours) we should receive a warning that the package is about to be consumed to contact the customer.

I am testing in a trial version, but I can't see how to assign hours to a customer project, and how to check hours consumption.

Is that possible in Jira?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Eloy

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hello Eloy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Desk, the options to add hours are the SLA and Log Work

The SLA is fixed and it will start counting depending on the trigger the admin select on Project settings > SLA. 

The Log Work will be added according to the time the agent works on the ticket, so it's possible to add the estimation, for example, 20 hours and the agent will log a time every time they do something on the ticket and the total time (20 hours) will decrease. In this case, it will be specific for the ticket, so if they have 17 hours left, for example, it's necessary to manually add the information on the next ticket they created.

I'm afraid both of the options won't help you achieve the configuration you need.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

I've searched for add-ons with a similar option, but I didn't find anything that could help us.

Regards,
Angélica

Eloy Roa January 3, 2020

Hello Angelica,

Many thanks for your answer and your reasear work, I really apreciate it.

As you are suggesting, I'm afraid current functionality is not covering our requirements. The feature requested is exactly what we need, I will be watching the feature in case it will be developed.

Thanks and have a happy 2020.

Eloy

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2020

You are welcome, Eloy!

Happy new year!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events