What is the use of jira ?

Tarak Ram October 24, 2019

Can anyone explain me about the use of jira service desk

1 comment

Comment

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Hi @Tarak Ram 

Jira Service Desk is the service desk solution for Jira. It comes with a customer portal for every project where customers can raise tickets. There is no restriction on number of customers. Jira Service Desk has lot of standard features of a typical service desk like request types, queues, SLAs, agents, customers, reports, automation, customer notifications and more.

Above all it is built on top of Jira and has all the features of Jira Core.

The product listing page summarises it really well.

Ravi

Like Phillip C likes this
Phillip C April 13, 2021

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ ,

on the topic of creating a service desk per project. if a team is growing around the world and thus has different teams worldwide, it might be useful to create a different service desk project per region to better assign support queries within the locale for local staff support, timezone etc.

Would you say this is a common trait adopted or am I thinking about this wrong?

Any tips for a multi-geo service desk environment?

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Phillip C 

Yes I agree with you. Especially with SLAs there won't be much confusion due to different time zones as well.

Ravi

Like Phillip C likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events