Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to invite external agents to a single project?

Chris Knowlton January 13, 2020

We are looking to have 2 external users work on a project with our internal team. What's the best way to invite the 2 external agents so that they only see the 1 project and not the rest of our service desk projects. In testing this the external user I invited could see all projects unless I marked them private, but that only works for next-gen, and is a cumbersome way to set up permissions. What I would like ideally is to be able to assign project permissions to users.

This is a cloud hosted Jira Service Desk with a mix of classic and next-gen projects.

Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

@Chris Knowlton 

Below KB article explains how you can restrict project permissions to specific users/groups. This is not specific to Jira Service Desk, but applying the project permissions are same for all Jira classic projects.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/how-to-restrict-project-access-for-teams-in-jira-cloud-953142266.html

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi Chris - Take a look at the Permission Scheme for the projects to see who has Browse Projects permission.  I would suggest adjusting that to just use Project Roles and that the project roles are not universally allowing all users to see them. 

0 votes
Chris Knowlton January 15, 2020

Thanks @Veera and @John Funk for the information, this was helpful. It looks like this is another reason not to (yet) user next-gen projects, they are not affected by the permission settings the same way classic is. 

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

You are welcome, @Chris Knowlton

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

:-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events