Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to copy fields from parent to subtask

kiranmai genkolla January 2, 2021

Hi All,

I have the fields in the parent want to display the values in th subtask.

Eg: I have associate name field (insight custom field) =abc & hiring manager (insight custom field) = xyz wanted the display the values of that in the subtask as requested for (custom field) = abc & associate name of parent values and opened by = xyz as hiring manager values in the subtask view page.

Please help me in the script runner code.

I tried to write the code in the script runner ,but iam getting null values or abc (CMDB -7899).

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2021

Hi @kiranmai genkolla 

Are you on Cloud or Server?

How do you want to copy the fields from parent to sub task? When  the parent is transitioned or updated  or when sub task is created?

Use this script to get started and modify further as per your needs.

Share your script, let us try to make it work.

Ravi

kiranmai genkolla January 3, 2021

hi ravi,

i want to write the cript in the create transition of subtask .

as of now checking this in script console .

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.FieldManager

def issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject("IT-14555")

def parentIssue = issue.parentObject

def customField = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_13263")//Parent insight custom field (Assciate name)
def customField1 = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_13153")//Parent insight custom field (Hiring manager)
def requestorforCF = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_13416")//requested for (custom field in subtask (single line text field))
def openedby = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_13257")//Opened by (custom field in subtask (single line text field))
def linkedIssueCustomFieldValue = parentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(customField)
def linkedIssueCustomFieldValue1 = parentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(customField1)
issue.setCustomFieldValue(requestorforCF, linkedIssueCustomFieldValue)
issue.setCustomFieldValue(openedby, linkedIssueCustomFieldValue1)

log.warn("request for :" + requestorforCF)
log.warn("opened by :" + openedby)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events