Using Jira + Clonfluence instead of Evernote ==> Thoughts Process

Lison October 26, 2020

Hi community,

I am looking to have a system in place for my Practice - sorting out: my thoughts, sources for different topics, and I don't want to use excel or Evernote as I am looking to sort out information, data, thoughts, contents for the next 10 years and I really like to tag and have the information that can be sorted out quickly.

Is anyone knowing Jira & Confluence would be able to have a 30min call for me to explain what I am looking to achieve and know in what measure it would be possible?

Or anyone already using Atlassian software for creating their workshop, courses, training, writing books, building keynotes?

Thank you,

Lison

1 comment

Comment

Deleted user October 27, 2020

Yours is an interesting question, because it is a request that often happens. I for example tried to use Jira cloud and Confluence cloud to do something similar. But I have to say that at least for now, the two Atlassian products are not mature for this purpose. At Jira you don't have a button to easily and intuitively create pages in Confluence. So at the moment you have to create a Confluence page first, then you have to link it by hand on Jira's issue. So, to be honest: better Evernote or better Mac iNotes. Or even https://todoist.com. I also find that there is no real integration with Trello, because the functions that allow you to switch from trello to Jira or from trello to trello to Confluence are at the moment very rudimentary.
So, Atlassian friends you have a lot of potential to improve the product.

Like Lison likes this
Lison October 27, 2020

Thank you Kalos for taking the time to share your perspective.

Like Deleted user likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events