Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story points segregation

Svetlana Kinzerskaya January 15, 2019

Hi, i have a question/suggestion for the story points segregation. 

In my project we are facing same confusion and problem every time during the sprints. 

The problem is that it's hard to understand how much DEV and how much QE points are estimated for the story, we are seeing summary only. But because each team referring to the total number it's unclear how the number was made off. 

Will be much easier if Jira will segregate points somehow and make it visible on the "card face". 

Example

DEV points=x

QE points=z

Story points=x+z

Option #2

points 1=x

points 2=z

Total points=x+z

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

Hi @Svetlana Kinzerskaya,

In a typical Scrum or Sprint, development and QE are part of the overall process and are not separated out. During story grooming would add the testing as part of the overall points for the story. 

I can see, however, how this could cause confusion when one needs to track testing as a separate process outside of development. to address this you could use separate stories with different issue types for development and testing, and put them into the same sprint. Your workflow could include a post function to start the test story once the development story is marked "ready for testing" and, once the test story passes, use a post function to mark the development story as "done" when the test story is also moved to "done."

Of course, this is just one workaround, I'm sure there are other ways to manage it. In the meantime you can submit your enhancement request to Atlassian here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

-Scott

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events