Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting by Component

JH March 6, 2020

Hi 

I'm new to JIRA servicedesk and was tasked to create aging ticket report. I used Two Dimensional Filter Statistics (for the total number of tickets per component) and Filter Counts gadgets (for the total number of components by specific date range i.e tickets 61 days older, tickets 31 to 60 days older etc...), but when I sum up my total number in the filter counts, it doesn't match with the numbers i have in two dimensional filter. 

I'm not a coder and i'm just starting to learn JQL, Is there a way i can display the number of tickets with multiple components assigned without affecting the total number of tickets we have?  like in the screenshot below, i'd like to add another component "E" to display tickets with more than 1 component assigned? 

Thanks!

ByComponent.PNG

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2020

Hey JH,

Have you  thought about using the pie chart with the stat type set to Components?

This will show you the exact count of how many tickets are in each component, but also show you the correct number of results within the gadget itself.  In the screenshot below, were I to add up each number I'd get a total result of 9,609, but I can easily tell that I have 7870 returned by the filter.

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.06.15 PM.png

JH March 9, 2020

Hello Kian,

Thanks for your response!. I tried this before but this report doesn't reflect the actual number of tickets. To explain further, Here's the screenshot of my Two Dimensional Filter Statistics

image.pngIf you add the bottom numbers shaded in grey you will get the number for Total Unique Issues  which is 200 (the actual count of the ticket) but when you sum up the numbers on last column you will get 210 (which base from observation it counts the tickets based from the number of components assigned ie one ticket will be counted twice if it 2 components assigned) 

I'm trying to find a way how to display in the report the total number of tickets, number of tickets assigned per component, number of tickets without components assigned and number of tickets that have multiple components assigned. 

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

JH,

Are the tickets resolved or unresolved? If the tickets are unresolved, try using the Average Age report.

In your Jira dashboard, use the average age report gadget get the results.

Victor

JH March 9, 2020

Hello Victor,

Thanks for your response! The tickets are all unresolved. I tried the report you mentioned but it's not what we need. We need a report that will also display the number of open tickets with multiple components assigned.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events