Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "What type of team do you work with" when new customers access Jira Service desk.

Rune Rasmussen December 5, 2019

When users access our Jira Service Desk Portal for the first time, they are greeted with a purple box asking what teams they work with.
We want to disable this, but can't seem to find the option to do so.

Welcome.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hello Rune,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When customers log in for the first time, they will see the onboarding questions, which can't be disabled.

If they don't want to select an option, they need to skip the questions and it won't appear on the next login.

Regards,
Angélica

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Thank you, @Angélica Luz

It sounds logic =) 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Rune Rasmussen December 6, 2019

In that case I have a follow up question.
We have no use for this, and the information gathered serves no purpose for us.

For whos benefit is this data collected?

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

I believe that Atlassian Team use this data to make our lovely product better, for example, more usefull interface for Finance, maybe any templates etc.

Cameron Dostal April 8, 2021

It sounds logic?

I feel that this function should have had a disable button implemented a long time ago, Is there any update to this as it has been almost 2 years since this question was posed?

Like Charles Gage likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

Hello @Cameron Dostal,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Currently, there are no updates regarding this feature. When I answered this question back in 2019, I didn’t know that there was a feature request suggesting to disable this option:

Please, click on Vote and also watch the ticket above to receive future updates.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2021

Thanks for update, @Angélica Luz !

Siddharth Sharma March 14, 2022

Do these questions allow multiple selection and also how can one change the response at a later stage, e.g. if I have selected sales however work profile is changes and then I am a part of operations

Jason Freeze April 30, 2023

Seems that Jira Service Management cloud is now considered unsupported...yikes!  Don't expect this to ever be fixed now.

Charles Gage May 12, 2023

JSM Cloud is unsupported???  I heard the SERVER version is, but the Cloud?  Can anyone confirm this? @Angélica Luz   We are just rolling out this weekend a new application using JSM Cloud.

Harry John June 29, 2023

@Charles Gage no it's not unsupported, no-one considers it unsupported apart from @Jason Freeze 

Support is very good in my experience.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events