Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project becomes a Service Management Agreement

nicole jacob April 28, 2021

So I have this nagging question I cannot find anytime I Google it. So here goes. We are a creative agency, web design, UX design, graphic design and I use Jira WM Cloud the Company Managed Software template because I like KanBans better. But after I am done creating the website the client goes into a Maintenance Contract where they can email us any work they need done or updated. My question is you cant email directly in Jira WM Cloud? Correct? But you can in Service Management... So my question is how do you convert a customer or project in Jira WM to a Service Management customer? Do they intertwine at all or can they all be one? Every time I am done a website do I need to create a new SM profile - is there a easier way? I am so lost...

1 comment

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi Nicole,

If I follow you correctly, you could setup a JSM project and use the Email Requests functionality so that the customer could send an email to the address you provide and it would create a ticket in the JSM project. 

If you wanted to, you could then have Automation for Jira automatically close that ticket and create a new one in your WM project automatically and keep working there. 

Is that on the right track?

Like Dries Grobler Jr likes this
nicole jacob May 3, 2021

Ohhh I like that. Hmmm now to figure that out. 

so when I get a new client. Automatically make them a JSM and a WM. Abd then connect them. Hmm

Like John Funk likes this
nicole jacob May 3, 2021

Thank thank you!  Omg is there a way to automate a creation of a JSM when I make a WM??  Ohh I gotta look. Thank you so much. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Not yet - but passing this scenario along to the Automation For Jira folks.

@Simmo 

Like Simmo likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events