Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie features are not available in ITSM project

Elena Lurye November 14, 2020

Hi,

We activated JSM but I don't see any Opsgenie features available on my ITSM Projects..
When I click on "Features" as documentation suggests it (to activate them), I see a message "Watch this space Features is coming soon."

Did anyone see this behavior? As I understood, we don't have to buy Opsgenie separately in order to see this functionality available?

Thank you.

5 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hi @Elena Lurye ,

I am seeing the same thing in my cloud instance. JSM has just been launched on November 9th and new features - like the OpsGenie integration - are usually rolled out gradually across existing Cloud customers.

So, as the message says, I am sure that the message is true and will be replaced with the actual features you'd expect to see there shortly.

You did understand correctly as well: you won't have to purchase OpsGenie separately.

I assume you have already seen the documentation about Merging OpsGenie with Jira Service Management / if you don't have OpsGenie as a separate product it's not something to worry about, but it does offer some insight into OpsGenie features that are (not) included in JSM. A useful resource for people having similar questions as this one.

Elena Lurye November 15, 2020

Thank you, Walter!
Yes, I went through the documentation. Will hope that we will see these features in our JSM instance sooner rather than later :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Doods Perea November 18, 2020

Hi @Elena Lurye - I did some investigation using our JSM Cloud PRODUCTION and TEST instances:

TEST JSM (Monthly Subscription)

1. Created a new JSM project using the "IT Service Management" template and automatically got the integration with Opsgenie.
  2. Created another JSM project using "General service project" template and did not get Opsgenie. Under "Project Settings" there is a new page "Features".  It shows the option to enable both "Alerts" and "On-call".
  3. Checked all my old Jira Service Desk projects and did not find any integration with Opsgenie.  Under "Project Settings" there is a new page "Features".  It shows the option to enable both "Alerts" and "On-call".

PRODUCTION (Annual Subscription)

1. Created a new JSM project using the "IT Service Management" template and did not get Opsgenie. Under "Project Settings" there is a new page "Features".   It shows "Watch this space. Features is coming soon."
  2. Checked all my old Jira Service Desk projects and did not find any integration with Opsgenie.  Under "Project Settings" there is a new page "Features".   It shows "Watch this space. Features is coming soon."

I am now wondering why:

1. Opsgenie is not integrated automatically in Production when I create a new JSM with ITSM template.
  2. Option to enable "Alerts" and "On-call" features are not available in Production for old JSD projects.

Thanks!

Elena Lurye November 19, 2020

Thank you! Yes, this is what I realized as well - went through the same steps.

When Opsgenie got pushed to our instance, NEW projects would have this integration, but old ones are not (even if I activated the features).

What happened is - even after the Nov 9 announcement - Opsgenie was not pushed to ALL of the JSM instances right away. Ours didn't have it and I was wondering if any steps are required from our side in order to have them activated.

Then, at some point, announcement window pop up saying that Opsgenie features are available - and NEW ITSM project already had it, but not old ones....

Doods Perea November 23, 2020

Today I logged on to my Production Jira instance and was greeted with this pop-up.  When I checked my old Jira Service Desk projects, the option to enable "Alerts" and "On-call" features is NOW available.  :)

Opsgenie.JPG

0 votes
Line Lengfelder December 18, 2020

Any updates on this? Can we expect OpsGenie features to work on existing products, without having to create new projects?

0 votes
eSolutions Customer Support November 23, 2020

It seems that former service desk projects only get ops genie and not all the ITSM features.

Atlassian support told me I need to create a new Service Management project to get all the ITSM feature such as Incident, Problems, Changes.

This is not ideal as we already have a Service Project that is in use with our customers. I guess we can't take advantage of the new features without making a whole new project.

eSolutions Customer Support November 23, 2020

I think I have answered my own question...it looks like to use the new features we need to create a new project the migrate all our issues over to it as noted here

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/convert-a-project-to-a-different-template-or-type/ 

0 votes
John Ford November 20, 2020

This integration of Opsgenie and Jira Service Management still doesn't appear to be loading correctly in our cloud account.

On some projects, we see the feature settings to enable on-call management (the desired feature from Opsgenie), but there is nowhere to manage Opsgenie teams and assign them. Further, some projects just don't show Opsgenie features or settings at all.

What is the expected ETA for this to be rolled out to all subscribers?

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events