Need help in Send Mail

Prabu_Sekar December 16, 2019

Hi,

I have lately installed and configured the Jira ServiceDesk in Ubuntu VM which is hosted behind a proxy server. I could able to access the webpage from my domain network. 

However, the problem is, I'm trying to send an email to my domain users but users are not getting it. Even, I tried to send some test emails to myself but haven't received it. 

Did I miss something? Any help would be appreciated!

-Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Have you already configured the smtp settings? Please see below for help on settings SMTP.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/configuring-an-smtp-mail-server-to-send-notifications-947188089.html

Prabu_Sekar December 16, 2019

Hi, 

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Yes, I have configured the SMTP and even the Test Connection was a success, still couldn't able to send mail to my domain. -Thanks!

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Have you checked spam folder? Do you have an email security smart host in your environment that may be blocking these emails? you may need to whitelist this server if its emailing as your domain.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

@Prabu_Sekar 

Which email account are you using as sender? verify that email account or just for testing purpose add your own account in FROM ADDRESS.

Prabu_Sekar December 18, 2019

We have a common team email ID (hpc-help@domain.com) so I'm using that as a sender and using mine (prabu.sekar@domain.com) as a receiver, yet nothing happened.  

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

Please try using different account or your account as sender...

Prabu_Sekar December 18, 2019

Now I am trying to use my google account just for testing. So the testing connection was successful, however when I tried to send email to another google account and got below error. 

An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. d24sm6642544pfq.75 - gsmtp

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019
Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

@Prabu_Sekar which protocol are you using?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events