Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max file attachment size on an issue

Muhamed Causevic September 27, 2022

What is the max attachment file size for an issue? One of my requesters is attempting to attach a 73MB PowerPoint presentation to the issue and it won't let him.

5 answers

5 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Jira has a setting that you can adjust. You will need to work with your admin to change it, or work around the limit if the admin is unwilling to change it.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

@Muhamed Causevic Welcome to the community.

I would like to also state if you are the admin this can be located in the "system settings" At the bottom in the "Attachments"  tab toward the bottom portion of the systems settings page.

As @Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting] stated you must be admin.

Like Muhamed Causevic likes this
Muhamed Causevic September 27, 2022

@Aaron Geister Thank you. I am not an admin but I am an agent. I am working closely with the admins to get this changed. 

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Good luck! 

Like Muhamed Causevic likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Hello @Muhamed Causevic 

Were you able to resolved this issue? Let us know if you still need help.

Muhamed Causevic September 28, 2022

I am not entirely sure. I am not an admin and have IT working on increasing the file size. My concern is that this might not be the resolution.

My requester was trying to attach a 73MB PowerPoint file to the issue and he couldn't. I Zipped the file and tried to attach it myself and it didn't. This shouldn't be the issue if we have a starting max file size of 1GB. 

This is the message I got. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 11.18.10 AM.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

@Muhamed Causevic -

One thing you can check to see if the file in question has special characters in the file name.  You can test it by rename the file to something else and then try to attach it again.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

@Muhamed Causevic -

Welcome to the community.

In the CLOUD env - the out of the box attachment file size is at 1GB.  Maximum is at 2GB.

In the SERVER env - the out of the box attachment file size is at 100MB. Maximum is at 2GB

The above information is for individual file and it is not restricted to any specific issue.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Skoropada _Appsvio_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Muhamed Causevic 

Please check this page: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-file-attachments

It says it's 1 GB but can be increased to 2 GB. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

I partly agree with Dave's answer.
Jira has global settings, but it concern the size of a particular file (attachment). as far as I know, out of the box you can not set the memory size for each issue.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events