Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look up related Insight objects in automation

Mary Mascari April 20, 2022

An issue will have several insight objects linked to it. 

I've got the Insight Object field set up, and that works great.

But I need my automation to update values on the Insight Objects when the issue status changes.

I can't figure out how to look up those objects within the automation. What's the best way to do this? 

To give a little more input. I'm following the instructions here: How to update Insight Objects attribute using automation with values from associated Jira issue | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

But it's not updating anything. It just says "No issues were found, stopping the rule." So I figure I'm not looking up the objects correctly or something. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

You have to use the REST API to update Insight objects via automation, the action for Insight objects in automation was for the old Insight.

Your automation should look something like this:

Update Insight object.png

Mary Mascari April 21, 2022

Fantastic. Thank you.

Since almost none of that makes sense to me, it looks like I need to learn a lot more about advanced automation and the REST API.

Any recommendations of where to start?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Atlassian's developer documentation is really good and it has examples too. You can find the Insight REST API docs here. There is also a dedicated Developer community.

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

Hi Mikael, I just ran a quick test of the Edit Insight field attributes action and it worked for me.

I created a manually triggered automation, selected the Insight field, selected the attribute to change, entered the attribute value. I then created a test issue, added two objects to the Insight field, and ran the automation. Both Insight objects had the desired attribute updated successfully.

What am I missing/not understanding, that makes you say that automation was for the old Insight?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events