Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira SD form field returning Confluence knowledge base space home page

Lynton Howes December 2, 2019

Hi all

We have the Confluence KB integrated with Jira SD (on premise).

When I enter subject text which matches one of the words on the Confluence knowledge base space home page, I get an "Article that might help" which should not be coming up.

Refer attached.articles that might help error.png

Any suggestions to resolve this greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lynton

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Have you tried setting the permissions for the KB to not be anonymous access?

So, the opposite of what this article says: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-confluence-as-a-knowledge-base-218275154.html

Lynton Howes December 3, 2019

Thank you Edwin. We had to do a lot of troubleshooting to get the Jira SD and Confluence integration to work so that users could display the Confluence KB articles and part of this was setting the Anon access to view for all articles. I have found that if I turn this off as per your suggestion, the problems return and the user is not able to invoke the Confluence KB articles from within Jira SD.

Thanks

Lynton

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Have you tried disabling it under Knowledge base in Project Settings?

Capture.PNG

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

You can disable the search per Issue types as well or Labels. This is Jira Service Desk version 3.14

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events