Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM project design and API assistance

Graham Twine _Slm_ September 26, 2022

Hello everyone, I manage quite a large Jira instance so when I was handed a JSM instance for our HR team I thought. No problem this cannot be difficult.

Due to the way the team and the 'group of companies' operate it has been a little tricky because the team have demanded only one portal and many projects where the respective companies can work on issues.

How would you triage issues, if you would at all?

I do have scriptrunner available and I am quite comfortable  in Jira. JSM not so much.

Any references beyond the basics would be appreciated.

Happy Monday,

Graham

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

For the same case I use Automation for Jira and Create Issue Event.

In Automation for Jira rule I check values of request fields and decide to what project to triage. After creating developer's project issue I link it to original issue with type Relates.

When developer's ticket is resolved it triggers another rule that finds original issue and makes a comment or resolves it as well depending on request type.

Another approach is to let developers work on portal requests directly. In this case you check fields value and assign this or that developer based on request.  The bad thing is that you will need to buy extra JSM license for each developer that can be assigned to request.

@Sergei Gridnevskii,

There will be around 20 projects and these will all be business projects where there may be many interactions between the reporter and the assignee but the Group team want to also track things like status in their own portal project.

I am using Automation.

This is really a call to sanitize my thinking with the assistance of the community. Thanks for your comment.

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Graham Twine _Slm_ 

JSM provides REST APIs... you may refer it here - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/

To set up portal access you can refer to the product documentation - 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-portal-access-in-team-managed-projects/

For triaging Requests coming in via the Portal refer - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/triage-customer-requests-for-your-agents-with-queues/

Since the use-case is not very clear could you please elaborate it further?

Cheers

Ajay

@Ajay _view26_I have my own DC cluster. All of your APIs are related to cloud

0 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

Hello @Graham Twine _Slm_ 

Yes You can create customer Portal, from where external customer can create the tickets to your jira instance. The Agents (JSM License Users) and collaborates (team member like Users) can work on those tickets. 

You can allow the customer to create ticket via portal or email. Check the setting in the customer permission navigation.

If you have any specific question please let us know.

Thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events