Is there a way I have have my company create tickets without giving them a JIRA account?

Arpita February 25, 2020

Hi,

I am trying to implement the JIRA service desk tool within my company to formalize a way of collecting bugs and feature requests but I noticed that if someone does not have a JIRA account they can not view the Service desk form. 

Is there a way to open the service desk form to everyone without creating so many accounts? 

Also, if not, can I restrict them to the only service desk? I do not want the whole company to see the Tech sprint boards etc.  

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dieter Joseph March 3, 2020

Hi Arpita, 

Just to add from my experience, as I'm a newbie, and in similar to position to you. I have shared an email address that all my internal staff can send a request or a bug too. Most staff have adapted to this well. Then within your project click on Project Settings -> Internal Access.   

You will see a list of each of your staff member who have emailed in. From here you can select their name and denote their role from the the pull down menu.  In this case start with the viewer role. 

I have also double checked the settings as shown above in Ashkan's screenshots which are crucial. 

Kind regards

Dieter

2 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Hii

In your service desk project you can choose as follow (for others can raise a request in sd):

aaaaaa.png

and for some of your second question as bellow:

bbbbbb.pngI hope it helps you

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events