Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is JSM a good choice for my case?

diego alonso February 12, 2024

Hello everyone!, I'm totally new to JSM.

I would like to know if you can guide me.

My proposal seeks to migrate the process to JSM and use Confluence as a repository, because I believe that the approach of request tickets, forms, automation and request management could work to improve the process.

This is the summary of the process and my proposal:
  • I am looking for how to improve an application inventory update process which consists of requests and notifications, both via email. If the requester want to update, delete or submit a new application to the inventory, he have to fill an excel form and then request the app owner approval attaching the evidence .
  • Then, send an email to the application inventory admin, with all the requirements  previously mentioned.
  • If both, the form and approval are OK, the admin will update the inventory and then notify the requester.
  • In addition, the inventory is available to the entire company in an Excel sheet.

Do you think that JSM is the best choice for this approach?

I'd really appreciate your help!.

Sorry if there are grammatical errors, English is not my native language.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2024

I think you're on the path to a great solution!

JSM would absolutely be able to accommodate your existing process, which is great, because minimizing change is a great way to improve adoption.

You could start by taking your existing process, and having the emails route through JSM for intake, notifications, and approvals. You could also publish your excel sheet to a confluence page and manage permissions. Most of this would "feel" the same to your end users, and provide a more streamlined, auditable, and easy to find "front ends" to the various bits of your existing flow.

Over time, you could use JSM's forms function to replace the Excel form, and even JSM's asset management utility to replace the excel sheet, and native confluence macros to replace maintaining a static attachment. 

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2024

I agree with @Jeff Tillett that ultimately this would be a Assets based solution, with JSM as the front end.
No need for Excel or Confluence, unless you want a page to view the objects from using the new Assets macro in Confluence.

Like # people like this
diego alonso February 13, 2024

I really appreciate your answers!, now I feel more confident to go ahead with the proposal.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events