cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hello All!

After working as a sysadmin for several years, I changed to a third line service desk position with another company. They were in the progress of migrating from Fresh Desk to Jira. 
Being the one with the most technical hands-on experience, the job of migrating was put on me, together with an Atlassian partner.

The migration went good enough and even though I have since moved up to teamlead, the job of administering our Atlassian suit stays with me. The products are good, the integration between the products is smooth enough and in time, even the structure of the different schema's is starting to make sense.
I am currently working on setting up a company managed software project. After that, I will work on integrating the JSM project with the software project. That way, customer requests can be transferred easily to our developers and be kept up-to-date on the status.

There is still a lot to learn. Hopefully the learning paths will return soon so I can start working on the cloud administration certification. In the mean time, there is enough work to be done and plenty of free training resources to keep me busy.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments

Comment

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

Same here - we had Freshdesk on L1 and mindless copypasting from Freshdesk to Jira software and back. Now we use Service Desk for 95% tickets and it is good both for clients (L1 support) and developers. We still copy some bugs to Software project but it is easily done automatically using automation rule and pattern in comments like this one:

//copyto DevProject

One of the best features of Service Desk is that we can have a separate form for each customer request type. This simplifies administration a lot - instead of creating issue type, configuring fields for every issue type, setting screens and workflows we have a single issue type and many customer request types. We add only required fields to each form and then customize behavior using Automation for Jira.

Another good thing is Insight - it makes it easy to present complex objects in simple form. For example we can have a small icon and some text for each item of the selection field configured in Insight and it is edited by any user who has access to Insight, not just admin.

Matthew Chapman September 14, 2022

welcome to the journey, I have been using JIRA since last Dec and service desk has great functionality, there are some good add-on apps, Activity timeline in particular simplifies time logging and team management, super helpful    

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2022

@Matthew Chapman 

Thank you that recommending our plugin. It is pleasure to read that our plugin is helpful for you.

@Paul Wiggers 

If you would have any questions about ActivityTimeline - I'm here to answer. Or we can provide a demo session for you if needed.
Best, Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team

Like Matthew Chapman likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events