Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the parent issue key in the email template

kiranmai genkolla December 29, 2020

need an help in displaying the parent issue key in the email template.

Please help me in this 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Hi @kiranmai genkolla are you on server or Data Center? In 8.14. simplified adjustment of templates was implemented:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/customizing-email-content-in-jira-server-1027142312.html

kiranmai genkolla December 30, 2020

Can u please tell me .. can I use $! Issueparent.key

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

I don't have 8.14 version installed right now, so I cannot download templates easily, but you can use Java API in velocity templates. So you should be able to use 

issue?.getParentObject()?.getKey()
Like kiranmai genkolla likes this
kiranmai genkolla January 2, 2021

issue.parent.key this is working for me to get the parent issue key display .

But now iam unable to display the parent value in subtask email template .

Eg : parent have abc (insight custom field) = xyz as values . I want to diplay the same in subtask .

Please help me in this ..

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

Hi @kiranmai genkolla I don't think it is easily doable. I am checking templates and it never uses CustomFieldManager or customField. It works mostly with history of the issue. Your problem is that you would need to implement template which works with some additional OSGi components (CustomFieldManager at least), but you would need also the Component which creates notification to "export" this component to the template which can't be done without adjusting Jira source code.

kiranmai genkolla January 7, 2021

HI Martin ,

I have custom field values to display in the email template .

If suppose there are some 8 field to display in the email template , in which there are 2 fields which are not null value in it . In this case i should not display that 2 fileds which are having null in the email .

Can u please help me in this .

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Can you post a template file here?

kiranmai genkolla January 11, 2021

I have edit in html and that working fine ..

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events