How to deal with duplicate tickets from email chains

Phillip C April 13, 2021

Essentially the same stuff as per:

How to avoid duplicate tickets due to changed subj... (atlassian.com)

I would love for some automation or some guidance on how to reduce the amount of tickets that the service desk gets from people cc'ing the service desk on these email chains that generate several tickets.

Ultimately, if it relates to the ticket, then add it as a comment.

However, this might not be the case and I'll need to do some tricky automation - as I also dont want users getting peppered with more emails saying that they've raised a duplicate request, its closed, heres a survey etc.

Hoping to get some sort of solid answer to this to help others looking for a similar fix when setting up their Jira service management environment for this type of issue as well.

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  - is this still something in the pipeline somewhere? maybe?

2 comments

Comment

mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 14, 2021

Hey @Phillip C, I have not yet seen a good automation for this and people resolve this manually today.

I'm an app developer and have built an app that cleans up queues from email inflow - it's right now under review by Atlassian. I'm happy to share a sneak peek, just let me know. :)

Phillip C April 19, 2021

Thanks @mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_ , but I'd like to know what the rest of the community are doing on this. Or even from an Atlassian staff member to shed any light on this topic.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2021

Yes, of course. I'm also curious of new approaches from the community / staff, so I'm following along.

---

If you ever change your mind:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224971/duplicate-ai-merge-similar-issues-duplicates

Like Emma Wright likes this
Marketplace Partner
May 24, 2021

Hey @Phillip C, I just learned about customer organizations and request sharing and i think it could fix your problem. Already wrote about it here:

Let me know how it goes!

Like Phillip C likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events