Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to configure SP initiated SAML in Jira Service Management

Hi All,

I have managed to configure the SAML SSO with PingFederate in my own env, but the login is Idp initiated, which means once the login button is clicked, it will redirect you to the URL offered by Idp, I am wondering if there is any way that I could configure a SP initiated login? Like when I type the jira url in the browser, it will help me login automatically.

Thanks.

1 answer

Hi Dujas,

You can try out this JIRA SAML Plugin for this functionality. This plugin has the feature called Auto Re-direct to IDP which will force all the users to login using the IDP(PingFederate). 

In case any user is trying to access the JIR URL, it will be automatically redirected to IDP and once the authentication is done the user will be redirected to the respective JIRA page.

I work for miniOrange, feel free to reach out to us for any queries or concerns at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com. You can also raise a Support ticket here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you