Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification setup for JSD Customers

Dirk Conzelmann December 3, 2019

I have a customer that did not receive email notifications. There have been no messages in the spam folder. So how can I verify his notification settings? Is it possible to include an information in JSD that shows me if the customer disabled Email notifications?

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Hi @Dirk Conzelmann ,

I just had a look in both Jira and JSD. I don't see anywhere that a user can disable email notifications. At MOST, in Jira, one can disable autowatch but that's about it.

The only possible thing I can see is that the email address for the user isn't correct if, in fact, everyone else is getting email notifications from Jira.

Thank you for your fast and helpful information, I'll check the emails. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Have you tried sending an email to this user? Can the person in charge of Email in your company maybe try to track those emails?

Thank you I'll check this with our IT administration. 

0 votes
Sascha Novakovic August 7, 2020

Hi Dirk,

like stated here a JSD user can disable notifications, but nevertheless should receive updates made by other users / agents.

You can check notification settings in a specific context with the very useful Notification Helper.

Maybe the answer is too late for you, but might help other people with the same question. 😊

Cheers
Sascha

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events