Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did your request type forms just reset to summary and description?

Clay Davis July 25, 2022

Got a message from one of our users on Jira Service Management Cloud that the form they use no longer had the custom fields in it...it had defaulted back to just summary and description.  I put all the fields back manually, but I noticed that every request type form was like this.  

Has anyone else noticed this?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

@Clay Davis -

You need to ensure that your Fields and Screens Configuration Schemes are not shared with mutliple JSM projects or project admins updated the Request View and Agent View without letting everyone knows.

If configuration schemes are shared, then any changes will impact all related projects.

Lastly, can you provide more information in regards to what you mean by "Forms" - Are you referring to the new "Form" functionality  where you can add to your Request Type portal UI design?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Clay Davis July 25, 2022

Thanks, Joseph!

From what I can tell our screen configuration schemes and field schemes are each unique.  When I mentioned form, I was referring to the "portal view" form ....the first tab on the request type editing:
 image.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

@Clay Davis -

This means that someone with the system/project admin rights changed the view without updating anyone.  The form itself doesn't automatically change.

Best, Joseph

Clay Davis July 26, 2022

Ahhh, ok.

Thanks again for your help and your expertise!

Wishing you all the best, Joseph!

--clay

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events