Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal Setup

Edgar Hernandez August 2, 2019

I setup a new JIRA service desk account and my goal is to setup a URL/page where customer can report issues/tasks/bugs with unique fields that I choose. Ideally these request will go into a dashboard that my team can access and work on to communicate with the customer or go into a specific column in the Kanban board.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2019

Hey @Edgar Hernandez

That's exactly what Jira Service Desk is for. To get started you need to create a new project with the Service Desk templates. After you create that, you will have access to the help center, where your customers go to create requests. Each project has its own "portal" on the help center for customers to submit requests. This is where the custom request types and fields comes into play. Each project can be unique and hold different request types, allow only specific customers and much more. 

I don't know if you are on Service or Cloud so here is a link to the documentation landing page. Select which platform you are on and check it out. This will help you get started as well!

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/resources/

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events