Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments order on customer portal

Romina Campos November 1, 2019

I guess a new change was pushed to the Cloud because now comments are sorted asc so you have to scroll all the way down to see the new ones.

Is is possible to change this behaviour? We can change from asc/desc inside Jira but I haven't figured out how to do the same in the portal view

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hello Romina,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

The new portal customer was released recently with many changes that would benefit the customer, one of them is the markdown editor similar that what we see for agents in service desk with more options to format the text.

We understand that the comment box at the bottom of the page with the order of the comment may be confusing to customers because the other portal was the opposite. With that said, we created a feature request suggesting the ability to change the order of the comments and to change the position of the comment box:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Mark Hanson November 19, 2019

This change has been reported to me as unwelcome by customers.  It's hard to believe that Atlassian did market research on the impact this change would have on real JSD users.  I have the unpleasant duty of explaining to my management that the change was done by Atlassian and there is nothing I can do to reverse it.

I would like Atlassian to show that they are responsive to their customer base by implementing the feature requests within a short time frame.  

I await the results.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that it's a big change in the customer portal and we are working to provide the best for everyone.

I've shared your feedback as an internal comment on the feature request and also mentioned this internally asking for a public update in community or on the feature request.

I'm watching the features and I'll keep asking for updates.

Regards,
Angélica

Mark Hanson November 21, 2019

Thanks for your reply.

Most of my JSD customers are managers, and they dislike scrolling down to be able to see the latest comments and respond.  

I am not challenging the change; it is beyond that.  I am challenging Atlassian's development process.  How was this change conceived of as beneficial?  To what customers? How did it ever get past a serious customer pilot?  

A truly open dialog on how Atlassian is supporting its Cloud customers is what I am aiming at.  

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2019

Hi Mark, 

I talked with the team responsible for those features to check if there was any update or anything I could share here and they said that they are working on making the customer portal experience better. There are already some ideas they are working on, but for now, there are no public updates for that and when it does, the feature request will be updated with their comments.

Unfortunately, I can’t answer the questions you asked because only a product manager and a developer who worked on that would be able to do so. I asked for a public update, but since it's taking a while, I wanted to be transparent and let you know that I tried, but I don't know when they will add an update here.

Also, I added your feedback and mentioned them on the feature, so for now, we will need to wait for a public response.

If this change is impacting your environment, we can revert it while the new experience is being developed.

Please, let me know if you need to revert this change and I’ll create a ticket with our support or feel free to raise a ticket on support.atlassian.com. The ticket is necessary because we may share private information and also it must be registered internally.

Regards,
Angélica

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events