Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add Additional Attachments to Service Ticket After Task Save?

Joseph Robinson October 4, 2019

Hello. New user here, quick question. 

Is it possible to create a ticket, add attachments to it, save it, and then add additional attachments on later edit?  

Use case:
My task is to review quotes on 3rd party service.  I create task, assign it to myself, and add 2 pdf quotes I've already received from vendors.  I save task.

2 hours later, I receive 3 more quotes.  I open task with intent of adding these as attachments to the same task, and there's no visible place to do so. 

I can drag on drop files to field below, but I'm not commenting to customer or myself - I'm trying to target original attachments location and add additional files there.  Is this stupid user error, or bad design? 

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Joseph Robinson ,

It looks like Attachments field is missing from Edit Issue Screen , can you please check and add Attachment field in Edit Issue Screen.

Thanks,

Avinash

Many thanks for your quick response.  Where is the EDIT ISSUE screen?  Perhaps I need additional permissions to access it?  I can edit this record by opening and clicking into text fields.   But I don't see the ADD ATTACHMENT box that exists on task create.   Screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Joseph Robinson

You need project admin permission to view the screens associated with project. 

Go to Project Settings > Screens

Check whether Attachment field is present in Edit screen of your issue type.

Thanks, 

Avinash

Thanks for your quick confirmation in identifying this as a permissions issue. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

Hi @Joseph Robinson

Thanks for your response

Please vote or answer accepted so that it will other community users.

Thanks, 

Avinash 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events