Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you sort comments from most recent at the top to least recent at the bottom

James Winder April 15, 2020

Can you sort the comments from most recent at the top to least recent at the bottom?

The default appears to be least recent at the top and most recent at the bottom.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2020

Hey James,

You can set this permanently:

Go to System > General Configuration > Advanced Settings 

Edit the value of the jira.issue.actions.order property by clicking the value and changing it from asc to des

Click Update

One annoying aspect is that the add comment box remains at the bottom and not at the top, so you have to scroll down through the comments to get to it.

Phil

James Winder May 4, 2020

Phil, thanks for your response, howver I cannot locate the menu items you refer to.

I have also been told by Altassian support that as I'm on the cloud version this functionality does not exist. Wierd, but apparently true, unless your instructions also work on the cloud version - do they?

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2020

Hey James, 

Unfortunately you are correct. My instructions were for Jira Server.

Hopefully they can implement a solution soon for Cloud users.

Phil

0 votes
Stooz The Stoozer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2020

There is a small up/down arrow at the end of the heading for comments. click this to make it reverse sort order.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events