Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone please suggest hardware requirement to host jira on our own servers (AWS)

Devarapalli February 26, 2020

I'm new to jira service desk, and i haven't used jira products before. Now we are planning to buy Jira service desk for our projects, and i didn't found document relevant how to install Jira Service desk and hardware requirement. So, Can anyone please suggest hardware requirement and step by step procedures to install and host jira on our own cloud servers (AWS).

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

@DevarapalliFirst of all welcome to the community!

The minimum hardware requirement for Jira Service desk server is very limited, that is,

• 1 GB of RAM (just for Jira, and not the whole machine)
  • 2 Core CPU

But as complexity of instance grow in terms of (and you need extra performance)

• Number of issues,
  • number of accounts, and
  • number of projects etc.

So suggest you start with at least 2GB of RAM and 4 Core CPU.

Also take a look at this reference guide published by Atlassian - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/server-hardware-requirements-guide-30736403.html

0 votes
Dieter Joseph March 2, 2020

Hi Devarapalli, 

I too am new to the product and community. I'm curious what are your reasons for going with hosted on AWS instead of using the cloud offering?  It because your business is in a highly regulated sector, or do you have other security concerns?

I've started out with the Cloud edition and it's working very well.  Our strategy is to be as SaaS as possible, for both simplicity and costs. 

Would be interested to hear your thoughts?

Kind regards

Dieter

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events