Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule not fired at all

Dimitra Melanitis July 6, 2020

Hello,

I have a couple of automation rules linked to an Elements connect field.

The Elements connect field is a user name taken from our LDAP database and depends on the department in which the reporter is working.

Ex: if department = 5 then manager="mister manager5"

The reporter works for department 5 and a first automation rule will assign the issue he created to mister manager5 on creation. This one works.

Then mister manager 5 does whatever he has to do and transitions to the next status. There is my second automation rule.

If the field "next guy" is set to "next guy5" then the automation rule has to assign the issue to "next guy5".

This worked until I had to change that second automation rule saying that "if next guy" is "next guy5", assign it to "next guy 6" instead.

Since then the rule is not even fired anymore. I mean that there's nothing in the audit log since the day I changed the rule and the issue remains unassigned when transitioned by mister manager.

All the automation rules are for the same project, run as the same user so I don't understand why the first would work but not the one I changed (I actually just changed a name)

Do you have any idea what's wrong? Did I forgot any step?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
frother
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2020

Hi Dimitra,

We will need some more information to discover what is going on here. Are you able to raise a support request https://support.atlassian.com/ attached with a screenshot of your rule & audit log?

Thankyou,
Scott.

Dimitra Melanitis July 7, 2020

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply!

I ended up by using a field update through a groovy script instead of the original automation rules. 

Have a nice day,

Dimitra

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events