Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals Setup

Dirk Conzelmann October 21, 2019

Could someone write an updated howto for the topic. Because I have sepent now a few hours and all the online material seams not to fit in the current relese of JSD Cloud

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hey Dirk, 

I'm Rachel and I'm a Product Manager in Jira Service Desk Cloud. I'm super excited to let you know that approvals has been rolled out in next-gen projects, as announced in our community post

You can now add approvals in your workflows, assign approvers and transition workflows automatically when the request is approved or rejected. 

We’d love for you to check it out, add approvals to your workflows and let us know what you think.

• To set one up, head to Project settings > Request types, and click the Edit workflow button at the top.

• Select a status, and in the sidebar on the right hand side you should see an Approvals section, where you can add a new approval to that status.

For more detailed info on how to set up approvals, please check out our documentation.

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out,

Cheers

Rach 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hi Dirk,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm some details:

• Are you using Jira Server or Cloud?
  • If it's Cloud, is it a next-gen or a classic service desk project?

Regards,
Angélica

Dirk Conzelmann October 22, 2019

Dear Angélica,

it's the Cloud Next-Gen Project JSD

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2019

Thank you for the information.

Currently, on next-gen projects, it’s not possible to set approvals, this option is not available.

We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates. Also, check our PM’s comment in the feature and feel free to add a comment.

For now, if you need approvals, it’s necessary to use a classic project.

Dirk Conzelmann October 23, 2019

Dear Angélica, thank you for the information and the link to upvote the feature. I have upvoted it.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events