Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any templates for user notification and adoption?

Jennifer Schmidt March 11, 2021

I'll be rolling out my ITSM project soon and need to send an email notification to my users and encourage them to use the customer portal to submit tickets.  I haven't found any examples or templates out there.  Does anyone want to share their user notifications that were successful?  

2 comments

Comment

Pedram Mireftekhari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

You are talking about how to help people to change the way they work, so one way would be to mention the benefit of using the customer portal rather than email. This can bring some idea how to phrase your email.

One important benefit is that they would not be relied on a specific user to help them, but a group of agents behind JSM who would manage the job. 

Hope that helps :)

Bhav Makwana April 7, 2021

Hi Jennifer, user notifications and communication styles can vary depending on the audience, for example comms to a banking user base might need to be more formal then say a startup tech business. 

I'd suggest start by nailing down 3-5 key bullets on why you want the user base to use the customer portal over email, keep it short, simple and concise. Have a catchy tag line too that always helps "Get faster support, go via the Portal!"

A suggestion to help encourage the usage, is offer better SLAs on requests that are raised via the Customer Portal as opposed to email. This can be easily configured in JIRA Service Management.

Good Luck!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events