Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing customers to decide to share a request

Martijn Claassen January 30, 2020

In the customer portal customers should be able to raise a request and choose to either raise it private or share with their organization.
Sometimes a customer (external) wants to share a request on creation with their organization and sometimes they want to keep it private. How do I configure this so that the customer always has these options?share with org.jpgshare_private.jpg

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hello @Martijn Claassen

Thank you for reaching out.

In order to allow your customers to choose to share their tickets with their organizations or keep it private, you must configure this option in the customer permissions of your Service desk project. These would be the exact steps:

1 - navigate to your project > Project Settings > Customer Permissions

2 - In the section "Who can customers share requests with?", select the option:

Other customers in their organization. This option only allows them to search for customers in their organization.

P.S: The steps above applied to projects using the Classic Template. Let us know in case you are using a Next-gen project or you are looking for other kind of setting.

Shpendi Rakipi February 26, 2020

Hi Petter,

I have followed your steps and the  customer can manage to share the request after is being sent. 
I am wondering if you can help me to add the options while the customer is filling out the request. 
I am using a next-gen project.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events