Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting certain Service Desk users in a project

Christine Bielaszka November 18, 2019

I would like to set certain restrictions for users within the Jira Service Desk group in a particular project.

Specifically, I don't want the user to have the ability to 'Assign Issues'. It's fine for them to manage all other functions of the project.

This user does have the service desk license but is not an administrator or apart of the service desk team for the project. I've added this user to the specific permissions I want, however the service desk license seems to override all these settings. I'm not sure what the purpose of granting permissions to a single user is for if it's essentially useless, that is if I'm using it correctly.

Is it possible to restrict service desk users if they are not apart of a project's service team?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Deleted user November 20, 2019

Hi @Christine Bielaszka ,

See the below screenshots that are configured in my test instance.

Configurations:

• I am part of the jira-servicedesk-users at a global level :

Even though I am part of the jira-servicedesk-users globally I will not be able to view the ServiceDesk project.
  • At the Project level, I am not part of any roles too
    2019-11-21_12-49-53.png
  • Since I am not able to browse the project I added my self to the browse project permissions.3.png
  • Now I am able to browse the project. As you can see in the below screenshot. I don't have permission to perform any action.
    4.png
  • Below is the screenshot of the Assign Issues of the respective project. Unless and until I am part of the Administrators or Service Desk Team, I will not be able to assign Issues.
    5.png

Thanks,

Sravya
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events