Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Confluence let me insert a macro to run a presentation

Tony Osborne November 5, 2021

I created a .ppt file (downgrading my .pptx) > inserted it on the page > went to insert microsoft presentation > filled out the page name, OK > selected my file name, OK > height and width left blank (but did try 200 and 200px) > then clicked on Save - Nothing.

Tried the above but clicked on the 'Select Macro' text at the bottom of this insert box/instruction panel. Got as far as the height and width again, now an 'Insert' button (rather than the Save button) appeared, which I clicked.

Nothing happens, I have to cancel to come out - nothing inserted.

If I had hair it would be coming out in clumps......

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Osborne November 5, 2021

OK, answered my own issue by reading a similar problem with PDF and Word docs, I have to leave the Page Name blank.  Confluence you need to get this sorted.......

0 votes
Deleted user November 5, 2021

Add the Office PowerPoint macro to a page to display the content of a PowerPoint presentation.

This is great for sharing presentations, training sessions, and other visual data.

This macro displays your presentation in a viewer with next and back buttons, rather than showing a simple preview. People viewing the page don't need PowerPoint installed to be able to see the presentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/office-powerpoint-macro-375849178.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events