Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love keyboard shortcuts - for colors & other things!

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2024

I LOVE keyboard shortcuts. Thought I would toss this out to the group! I'm a big keyboard shortcut guy. I'll share a couple I live first: 

Text format: Option + Command + {1,2,3,4,5,0} to change the text on a current line to one of the pre-formatted heading styles or back to normal (using zero). 

New page: Another good one I use is type "make.page" in the URL of your browser and it will login to Confluence and create a new page for you to work on in your space. It's a great way to quickly take notes in a meeting for example. 

Question: Has anyone found a way to select the color of highlighted text with the keyboard instead of going to the menu bar and selecting from the color picker? 

This would be amazing - has anyone discovered a way? 

Anyone have other shortcuts they love?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Romnonek_ Jens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

make.page is very nice. is there any shortcut for this to import a document directly?

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

I don't know of any way out of the box to do this. 

Something like this is in the new Database widget, you can make a column as a URL link to a page and that page will either open or create it automatically if it doesn't exist. Think of this like a list of rows, and each one can have a "Click here for details" and it opens a full document, nested under it. 

Like Edwards, Scott likes this
0 votes
Anete Ozola-Bondzinska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 28, 2024

Thanks for sharing, new page shortcut is really nice.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events