Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to set confluence page access?

Xing.Liu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2021

I have recently requested a dedicated confluence space on behalf of my team. I noticed that the current access assigned is "Open Team", which means anyone from the company can view and join. I wonder whether there's any way to change the current access so that the contents of my confluence page can only be viewed by my team instead of the entire company for now? Thanks.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2021

Go into "space settings" (link at the bottom left of any page in your space) and look at the options you have there.

If you are a space or system admin, then you'll find there is a permission or access page to go into, and it's in here you will be able to name the people or groups who should have access to see the space (and do other things within it).  You'll probably want to remove any access for "all logged in users" or "anonymous".

2 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

@Xing.Liu there sure is. A few questions so I can get you the right answer first:

• What version of Confluence are you using?
  • Are you an admin on your instance, or at least the space you are looking to limit access to?
Xing.Liu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2021

@Andy Gladstone Thanks for you quick response! In fact I'm not sure the version of confluence I'm using. I'm one of the admins. However, I was only added to a team so far. I did not see any project created on my behalf yet.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

@Xing.Liu I have not responded as @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- has already captured the essence of what you need in his post. Best of luck!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events