Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use the data on an existing excel in confluence and have it fully interactive with JIRA.

Lisa Roose December 31, 2021

I want to:

• Have the data from an excel spreadsheet update a confluence page
  • Have the topic on the excel document create and link to a JIRA EPIC or Story
  • Have JIRA update the confluence page when the JIRA issue is being actioned and show status and percentage complete
  • I want this data to link or show or relate to the Roadmap

Does anyone know how to do this?

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2021

Our app, Polaris spreadsheet allows you to embedded an existing excel file in a confluence pace and to directly edit it. In addition, it also support creating an Jira issue or linking a ticket. 

• Have the data from an excel spreadsheet update a confluence page
  • Have the topic on the excel document create and link to a JIRA EPIC or Story

Please review this. A month free trial is available. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223556/polaris-spreadsheet-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

0 votes
Johnny FromCanada December 31, 2021

Sounds like you have already thought through a (non-trivial) solution.  What is the root problem you are trying to address?

One of my clients uses Microsoft Project to track requirements (minimal words) and sends me an excel spreadsheet.  I want to keep the data from the excel spread sheet in confluence and have the data updated based on the statuses of the issues in JIRA.  I am  trying to reduce duplication of effort.  I do not want to manually update the excel spreadsheet.  I want the statuses from the JIRA issues types to update on Confluence automatically.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

Hi @Lisa Roose

Welcome to the community!

1. Not possible. You have to update manually.

2. Not possible. You have to create them manually.

3. You can use the jira issue macro and select the appropriate columns to display.

4. Which macro are you referring to? There are a bunch of roadmap macros.

I am new to confluence and JIRA... so I am unsure which macros to use.  I thought there would be a table that I would be able to upload the data from excel to and then have select a cell to convert the cell data into a JIRA issue?

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

In jira you could use the bulk import to enter the issues via a csv file. (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/)

Then use the jira issue macro in confluence to call the list.

But you can't do it directly from confluence.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events