How to set Email Requests in Jira Service Desk?

Daria Pankratova February 11, 2019

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to set Email requests option in service desk. I want to do it only for "Report a bug" types of requests. However, for some reason, Jira does not allow me to set it. The message I keep receiving says that "A request type is suitable for the email channel when both the Summary and Description fields are visible, and all the other visible fields, if any, are optional. If you want to use this request type, you need to change its setting to match the criteria." 

I made both the Summary and Description fields visible (see the screenshot attached) but the program still does not allow me set email requests. 

Do you know if it is a bug and I should contact Jira Support or is there a workaround to this? Many thanks for your help. 

Image 1

email requests.JPG

Image 2 

email requests 2.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Furbach February 11, 2019

As your screenshot shows the "Labels" are also mandatory for the request type. This prevents the type from beeing eligable for the email channel. Change *all* fields except description and summary to optional for the request type.

Daria Pankratova February 11, 2019

Hi @Andreas Furbach,

Thanks so much for your help! Everything is working now. Did not think that having labels would be a problem but it makes much sense :) 

Like Andreas Furbach likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events