How do I use an image (i.e, chat icon) to show as a thumbnail for a chat document?

Sandra Lawrence June 22, 2021

How do I use an image (i.e, chat icon) to show as a thumbnail for a chat document?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

Hello Sandra and welcome to the Community!

I'm not clear on what you're wanting to do here, could you possibly include some insight into how you're using Confluence and why/where you're wanting to include a page as a thumbnail?

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Sandra Lawrence June 23, 2021

For example, I have regular chat messages from zoom meetings.  Can I use a thumbnail picture like the attached?  Then users would know immediately to click on the chat icon and see the word version of the chat messages.

chat.jpg

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

Hello Sandra,

It sounds like you're needing steps on how to add a link to an image within a Confluence page. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Add an image to a page
  2. Click on the image
  3. Select the 'Link' icon
  4. Type or paste the link
  5. Hit enter
  6. Publish the page

(Screenshot of linking an image)image.png

The image should be clickable with the content you linked.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Like Ivan Flores likes this

I have a document that I want to add a thumbnail picture to so that the thumbnail icon is what users double click on to access the WORD document.  In the screenshot I have a presentation.pgn icon and then a WORD document "Sprint Demo 2 Slide deck". Screenshot 2021-06-23 170115.png

Got it !! Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events