cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have the right Permissions?

TJ Isselhard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 21, 2021

I've inherited a confluence page. It's is pretty robustly built out. Works great. I love it. I am trying to make sure other users have the right permissions, though, and I can see one area where we have editors flagged by name, but I don't see a way to add a new one. Is there a way to do this? Or does the fact that I can't see an option to do so indicate I don't have the right permissions?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alastair Dallas December 21, 2021

Because it is so easy to monitor and revert page changes, many organizations leave Confluence pages open to changes by anyone. That's sort of the Confluence "vibe."

0 votes
Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2021

Hi TJ! 👋 Confluence is open by default, so unless the page creator (or another collaborator) added restrictions to the page, anyone with space permissions should be able to edit it.

Here are links to support documentation for adding or removing page restrictions in Confluence Cloud editor and page restrictions in Confluence Data Center + Server

If you're using the new editor (you're in a Confluence Cloud instance), here's the TL;DR for  checking and managing page permissions: 

1️⃣ Click the lock icon 🔓 in top right corner of the Confluence page: 
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.24.42 PM.png

2️⃣ This will open a dropdown menu with the following options for page permission settings: "Anyone on Confluence can view and edit", "Anyone on Confluence can view, some can edit", and "Only specific people can view or edit".

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.25.20 PM.png

3️⃣ If either of the latter two options are selected, you can search and add users with @ mentions to edit their page permissions. (Just remember to "Apply" once you've modified permissions 🙂) Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.46.56 PM.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events