Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence for Project Notes like a CSM

eCampus Center Staff December 13, 2023

My team of about 30 staff would benefit from having a place to store notes about projects, consultations, and the clients we work with. We don't use any Jira products, just Confluence Cloud. We'd like to organize a sort of medical-chart-style documentation for the various groups we work with so that when a new consultation request comes in, we can see internally a history with some notes about what has been done with them in the past. We'd be able to see who they've worked with, what projects they've already done with us, etc. 

While I think a Customer Service Management tool would be helpful, we do not currently have the option to add/purchase a new tool. I've been thinking about creating a Space in Confluence for this purpose. I wonder if anyone has done something similar or has examples or templates to share that have been helpful. 

2 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2023

@eCampus Center Staff you should look in to Confluence Databases. This may be a good use case - a centralized database where you can store and reference key customer and project information. While setting up a space for each customer and/or project would be ideal, you'd still be stuck with searching for that central point of truth you are looking for. Confluence Databases may provide that to you. It is still in beta but more instances are being added this month. You can sign up here

Like Kristian Klima likes this
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2023

I'd expand on @Andy Gladstoneanswer.

We plan to use Confluence Databases to track articles used in Learning/Onboarding.

A space or spaces (one per customer/project) combined with a dedicated database would give you the best of both worlds.

Manage your content in articles (history, edits, etc.) and use Databases to provide the 'helicopter/drone' overview. 

It's up to you whether you'd use a single or multiple space option, you can create a Database in each... or have a dedicated space just for the Database.

Either way, you'd create an incredibly flexible approach.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events